Are you looking for a reliable and cost-effective solar energy solution for your property? Look no further than Argent Solar Electric. Our team of certified professionals provides premium services to help customers in Scottsdale, AZ maximize their solar energy capabilities. With over 10 years of industry experience, our solar panel experts are equipped with the knowledge and quality products to make sure your home or business is powered efficiently and cost-effectively.
To get started, contact our Scottsdale solar professionals via phone at (877) 959-3479.
Types of Solar Panels
Solar panels work by converting sunlight into electrical energy, allowing for an environmentally friendly and sustainable source of power for homes and businesses. The process is based on the photoelectric effect, which occurs when electrons in a material are excited by photons (light particles) and then flows as electricity between conductive cells.
There are four primary types of solar panels that are typically recommended for both residential and commercial properties:
- Monocrystalline panels. These solar panels are made from high-grade silicon and are known for their high efficiency, durability, and sleek appearance. Monocrystalline panels are made from a single large crystal of silicon, which is why they are often referred to as “single-crystal” panels. They are quite efficient, having a range between 15% and 20%. This means that they require less space to produce the same amount of electricity as other panel types. Although they have a higher initial cost than other panel types, their durability and longevity make them a cost-effective investment in the long run. They are especially suitable for properties with limited roof space.
- Polycrystalline panels. These panels are also made from silicon, but they contain multiple smaller crystals, giving them their distinctive blue color. Polycrystalline panels are a more affordable option than monocrystalline, but they are less efficient, converting around 15% of the sunlight they receive into electricity. They require more roof space to produce the same amount of electricity as monocrystalline panels. However, they are a cost-effective solution for properties with larger roof space and more significant budgets.
- Passivated emitter and rear cell (PERC) panels. Unlike standard panels, which have an aluminum back layer, PERC panels have a layer of passivation material that prevents the recombination of electron-hole pairs on the rear side of the solar cell. This layer allows for higher efficiency and better performance in low-light conditions. PERC panels are a relatively new technology but are becoming more popular due to their increased efficiency, durability, and the fact that they are less prone to degradation. They are suitable for properties with moderate to high energy usage.
- Thin-film panels. Thin-film panels are the most lightweight and flexible option. Instead of using silicon, they are made of layers of high-performance materials such as amorphous silicon, cadmium telluride, or copper indium gallium selenide. Thin-film panels are less efficient than other types of panels, converting only around 11-13% of the sunlight they receive into electricity. However, their lightweight and flexible nature makes them ideal for curved surfaces and installations where weight is a concern. Thin-film panels may be a suitable option for properties that have limited roof space or require a more aesthetic appearance.
How Our Team Can Help You
If you are considering installing solar panels at your residential or commercial property, the Scottsdale solar experts at Argent Solar can conduct a site survey and assessment to better understand what type of system can meet your needs. In addition to site surveys, our team offers help with:
- Solar system designing and engineering work
- Solar panel installation, commissioning, and startup
- Federal and local rebate applications
- Utility interconnection agreement
- Maintenance, training, and support
- Remote monitoring
- Financial and performance analysis
- Warranty management
You Can Trust Our Scottsdale Professionals
At Argent Solar, customer satisfaction is one of our top priorities. You can count on us to support you from the start to finish; we also conduct follow-ups with our clients to ensure your system is meeting your needs and offer counsel concerning incentives, maintenance, etc.
Go solar today. Call (877) 959-3479 or complete our online contact form to request a free consultation.
Call today to schedule your in person solar consultation.
One of our highly trained technicians will inspect your property and develop a solar plan that will have a positive impact on your future.Contact US Today
We work with the best equipment in the industry.
Our proficient team leaves no stone unturned.
A fully staffed team dedicated to your needs
Helping make the best choice for your family or business.